Stark lack of time; I have accumulated a sprawling laundry list of errands to run this weekend:
1. Take Kira to the vet.
2. Buy pet supplies.
3. Buy human supplies (groceries).
4. Stick cardboard all over my door (it’s a specific technique used to keep Kira away from my bedroom).
5. Pet-proof the rest of my living room.
6. Find a way to dispose of the cage because Miss K has outgrown it.
7. Deposit money ASAP. I am carrying a mini fortune around in my turgid wallet with five currencies –SGD, USD, HKD, EUR and some petty Maldivian cash.
8. Pay bills.
9. Buy vacuum cleaner.
Thank God I managed to coerce my helper into coming this afternoon or I will be adding ‘clean house’ to the list. And cleaning house is a massive undertaking. I also need help to flip my mattress over because Kira dug (and chewed) a hole in my bed. It was an 2-hour experiment (to see if I can leave her alone in the house uncrated) gone completely wrong. My only consolation is that if I move back to Singapore, I will have one less item of furniture to ship back.